Some unrelated thoughts…
I hope that you have a happy holiday season, that you enjoy some time off and spend time with family. But most of all, that you love Jesus.
Thank you Jesus for coming into this world to rescue us and make us your own.
Newtown School Shooting
I grew up in the town next to Newtown, CT. I competed in sports there, had friends from church there and my mother taught in Newtown’s high school for a time. A pastor at the church in which I grew up now pastors a church in Newtown which lost children in the tragedy. This school shooting hit close to home. I’m not going to write a long post about it but here are some quick thoughts:
- Do not make gun control, in either direction, an issue of Christianity.
- Consider making increased mental health protections/services/etc a political issue.
- Weep with those who weep.
- No matter how Calvinist you are (and I am), do not say, “It was God’s will.” God hates evil. You can read my thoughts on tragedy.
Taking A Break
A few things going on in my life right now:
- Expecting our first child in June.
- Deciding how to follow God’s call for seminary. Do I leave the military this summer? If so, how do we pay for everything?
- Working on an evangelism project.
If you are able, please pray that Erin and I would faithfully seek to glorify God, that we would have discernment and that we would trust God completely.
I won’t post new articles for a while.
Because of all these pressing issues, I won’t publish regular updates in the next few weeks. Instead I will highlight some past articles. I hope you’re blessed by some content you may not have seen before.
Image by violscraper